Topographic trail maps for the entire Sheltowee Trace. The Sheltowee Trace is a 319-mile long backcountry trail (2015 alignment) that spans the length of the Daniel Boone National Forest and connects the Big South Fork, Cumberland Falls, and Natural Bridge. It is Kentucky’s longest National Recreation Trail.
This map set shows the Sheltowee Trace from Northern Terminus to Burnt Mill Bridge in the Big South Fork. Official trails and recreation areas are shown for the Daniel Boone NF and the Big South Fork NRRA.
Current news, weather, and online maps for the Sheltowee Trace, Big South Fork NRRA, and Daniel Boone NF.
- Ten-panel 27″ x 19″ full-color topographic maps with forest canopy cover
- 1:31,680 scale, 1 inch to a half-mile
- Map of official trails Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area and of the Daniel Boone National Forest.
- Includes 50-ft elevation contours, park and forest boundaries, scenic areas, backcountry camps, and front country camp and recreation facilities.
- Shows the entire Sheltowee Trace.
- Mile markers for the Sheltowee Trace. Mileage begins at the Northern Terminus.
- Official connecting trails are shown with mileage
- Lamination available and carries in 4-mil zipper poly bag for durable use
Backcountry trails include Buckskin, Lake View, Caney Loop, The Rough Trail, Swift Camp Creek, Auxier Ridge, Courthouse Rock, Rock Garden, Hoods Branch, Double Arch, Turkey Foot Loop, S-Tree Loop, John Muir Trail, the Kentucky Trail, Twin Arches Loop, Litton & Blevins Farm Loops, Pilot Wines & Big Island Equestrian Loops, Hidden Passage Loop, Rock Creek Loop, Leatherwood Ford Loop, Grand Gap Loop, Blue Heron Loop and trails around the Charit Creek Lodge area, Yahoo Falls loop, Rockcastle and Scuttlehole Loop, Bee Rock and Rockcastle Narrows, and many more.
Scenic areas include the Northern Terminus, New Morehead Reroute, Eagle Lake, Rodburn Hollow, Amburgy Rocks, Four Fingers, Cave Run Lake, Clear Creek, Corner Ridge, Clifty Wilderness, Red River Gorge, Natural Bridge State Resort Park, Pendergrass-Murray Recreational Preserve , Turkey Foot, McKee, S-Tree, Horse Lick Creek, Hawk Creek, Rockcastle Narrows, Bee Rock, Cane Creek WMA, Laurel Lake, Mouth of Laurel, Cumberland River, Honey Creek Overlook, Angel Falls Overlook, Sunset Overlook, O&W Bridge, Bronco Overlook, John Muir Overlook, Fall Branch, No Business Creek, Litton and Blevins Farms, Van Hook Falls, Cumberland Falls, Sinking Creek Suspension Bridge, Hawk Creek Suspension Bridge, Blue Heron, and Laurel River Lake Dam.